New Publication: Genome-wide search of nucleosome patterns using visual analytics
Natural Products 13C NMR Database with Interactive Analysis Tool
Motivation: Although natural products represent a reservoir of molecular diversity, the process of isolating and identifying active compounds is a bottleneck in drug discovery programs. The rapid isolation and identification of the bioactive component(s) of natural product mixtures during the bioassay-guided fractionation have become crucial factors in the competition with chemical compound libraries and combinatorial synthetic efforts.
Interactive visualization methodology of high-dimensional data with a color-based model for dimensionality reduction
- Read more about Interactive visualization methodology of high-dimensional data with a color-based model for dimensionality reduction
Recently, our ongoing work on Interactive visualization approach for dimensionality reduction was presented at the 2016 XXI Symposium on Signal Processing, Images and Artificial Vision (STSIVA),
The procceedings have being added to IEEEXplore,
Treevolution is a Java tool to support visual analysis of phylogenetic trees. Some of its current features are:
* Visualization of phylogenetic trees as radial or linear dendrograms
* Visualization of bar charts for dendrograms
* Several exploration interfaces: distortion, filtering, text search, ancestor/descendants tracking, etc.
* Visual clustering of families based on evolutionary information
BicOverlapper is a framework to support visual analysis of gene expression by means of biclustering.
Biclustering algorithms have become a spread technique to analyze microarray experiments. Since it is an unsupervised technique, biclustering is specially useful at discovering new knowledge about genes.
Bridging the gap between human knowledge and machine learning
Alvarado-Pérez, J. C., Peluffo-Ordóñez, D. H., & Therón Sánchez, R. (2015). Bridging the gap between human knowledge and machine learning, ADCAIJ: Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal, 4